OFF_PRESS is a UK-based independent publishing house, promoting contemporary creative writing in English, with a special focus on translations, using multimedia and live events to celebrate reading and storytelling in different languages/genres around the world.
The aims of OFF_ are fivefold;
- encourage the reading of literature, especially in translation
- bring writers together around an independent press
- combine traditional bookbinding formats with digital development
- publish books and anthologies under the OFF_Press banner
- use multimedia tools and networks to promote literature worldwide
Set up in 2010, OFF_PRESS initially worked solely with contemporary writing from Poland, especially poetry. This allowed us to learn the publishing ropes, discover how the industry works, garner some critical acclaim and now, five years into our initial cycle of existence, we are reconsidering our role in the market.
0044 7984 128 406
0048 789 070 350
- We are always open to submissions (poetry, prose, reportage, journalism, comment, etc)
- Word limit for prose is a maximum of approximately 1500, and for poetry is a minimum of 3 poems
- In the case of work published previously in Polish, we will only publish the English translation (crediting the original title publisher)
- All copyrights remain with the original authors
- Final say regarding translations remains with the original authors
- We do not pay for submissions, but the best content will be considered for inclusion in print publications.
This World Wide Website (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Apart Arts UK Limited, a not-for-profit company incorporated in England and Wales (Company No. 6037823), registered at 361D Regents Park Road London N3 1DH UK.
Copyright 2010 Apart Arts Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
All text, images, graphics, animation, videos, music and other materials on this Site are subject to the copyright and other intellectual property rights of Apart Arts Ltd or their original authors. These materials may not be reproduced, distributed, modified or reposted to other websites without the express written permission of Apart Arts Ltd.